The purposes of this local PTA in common with those of National PTA and NCPTA are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
The purposes of this local PTA are promoted through advocacy and educational programs, directed toward parents, teachers, and the general public are developed through conferences, committees, projects, and programs.